Recently, all Android devices come with pre-installed Google services such as Google docs, Gmail, Google Maps, Chrome Browser, etc. The Google Play Store is one of them. It serves as the digital market where all verified Apps that are runnable on the Android Operating Systems are downloaded.
Most of the apps on the Google play store are free, and others are not. Paid apps can be purchased using Google Play Gift Cards.
Facts About Google Play Store
Here are some cool facts about the Google Play Store aside from being the official app store for Android devices.
- Google Play Store hosts more than 3.5 million Android Apps.
- It was formerly known as Android Market.
- 98% of the Apps on the Google Play Store are free.
- Candy Crush Saga is the top revenue-generating App on the Google Play store.
- Globally, there are more than 1 billion Google play users.
- Game Apps generate the most revenue.
- Between 2013 to 2014, the total App downloads grew by 50%.
- More than 48 billion Apps( from the Google Play store) have been installed on Android devices.
- The ‘Swiftkey Keyboard’ is the top downloaded paid App.
- Google Play developers are over 388,000 in number.
- 40% of the total App downloads on the Google play store are games.
- Google Play store contributes 33% of the U.S app revenue.
- It also contributes 36% to the European app revenue.
- Cardtonic App is available on the Google Play store.
- 93% of its users are using the latest version.
- Google Play Store filters the list of apps to suit the user’s device.
- 93% of Android users are using the latest version of the Google Play store.
- Last year, Google Play awarded Disney+ as the top App of the year for U.S users.
- Whatsapp is one of the most downloaded free apps with over a billion downloads.
- Googleplay gift cards are one of the most popular in the world