Father’s day this year falls on the 21st of June, and I would like to give you some ideas way before the said day to celebrate your father. Mothers have about five days dedicated to them in a year and dads? Well, dads have just one day dedicated to celebrating them. Fathers are often unsung heroes; they are often called their daughters’ first love and a son’s first hero. In this article, I will share some things you can do for your father to make this day extra special.
Five Gifts Your Father Will Love
1. Flowers and chocolate: Wait, wait, I know this may sound really awkward, but do you know that a very large percentage of men have never received flowers in their lives? The only time they receive them is when they die. Surprise the father figure in your life, even if he forms ‘hard guy’ at first, he’ll definitely feel loved and will remember that day for the rest of his life. If he has a sweet tooth as mine does, chocolates will be a great addition to them.
Now that I’ve gotten the most controversial idea out of the way, let’s move to the remaining options.
2. A Jersey: Many men love sports. In Nigeria, the predominant sport that men love is football. If your father is obsessed with Liverpool or Arsenal, get him an original football jersey, and if you want to burst his brain further, you could buy him a signed jersey, these are sold in some online stores.
3. A toolbox: If your father is the handyman around the house, he will gladly receive a toolbox that has all the screwdrivers intact. Plus it’s a win-win for everyone in the house; you get things fixed and he’s happy about his toolbox. A gift that keeps giving.
4. Gift cards to his favorite stores: Will it surprise you to know that some men love shopping and appreciate a good deal? Gift your father a bunch of gift cards like Target or Nike if he is a sporty man just in time for father’s day, or if he just enjoys shopping and let him make use of all the father’s day discounts with his gift cards. And if his preference is to sell his Visa gift card for cash to take his wife on a date, that’s fine. Just get him those gift cards.
Last but not least,
5. A briefcase: If your father doesn’t like any of the things I mentioned above, well, you can get him a solid briefcase. He goes to work every day, right? Then he’ll have no other choice but to appreciate the gift you’ve given him.
Don’t have any money to execute all these ideas? That’s okay. Spend the day with your old man, go on an ice cream date or do something that will require you to spend time together. Sometimes, all they want as they grow older is your company, and no one can put a price on that.