The AMEX gift card is one of the most versatile prepaid cards on the market today. Unlike most prepaid cards, anyone can use the AMEX gift card anywhere that accepts American Express gift cards.
There are lots of places a person can use an AMEX gift card. Here are five places most people didn’t know they could use the American Express gift card.
1. Auto Repair: If you need auto repairs, you can use an AMEX gift card to pay for them. It can be helpful if you have no cash or if your mechanic accepts credit cards but not debit cards.
2. Cell Phone Monthly Service Plans: You can also use an AMEX gift card to pay for monthly cell phone service plans with AT&T, Verizon and T-Mobile. It is advantageous if you have no cash or if the company accepts credit cards but not debit cards.
3. Hotels: Many hotels allow guests to pay with credit cards. However, some only accept cash or cheque. You should check out their website before booking to see if they accept credit cards or not so you don’t get stuck paying with money when you book online and then arrive at the hotel and find out they don’t accept it. Hotels often offer discounts for paying with a specific type of credit card (AMEX) so keep an eye out for those offers when booking.
4. Walmart: While Walmart’s policy doesn’t expressly state that it accepts prepaid cards, a quick search will reveal dozens of stories from customers who were able to use their AMEX gift cards at Walmart without any issues. The same goes for other big box stores like Amazon, Target and Khols.
5. Airports: If you’re looking for something to do while waiting for your flight, consider shopping at one of the many airport retail stores across the country. Just remember that if you’re planning on using your AMEX gift card at an airport retailer, make sure it has an “AMEX” logo or ask first before swiping!
The benefits of owning an AMEX gift card are endless, and you might want to consider owning one seriously. Also, if you wish to sell your AMEX gift card, rest assured that you will get great value for your money, primarily if you sell it on a platform like Cardtonic.
Before you sell it, you might want to check the balance to ensure it is still viable and will bring profit.
How To Check Your AMEX Gift Card Balance
- Visit the AMEX Website.
- Click on the ‘Cards’ tab
- Select ‘Gift Cards’ under the ‘Prepaid Cards’ section.
- Click on the ‘Check Balance’ tab at the top right corner.
- Input the gift card details
- Input your email address.
- Click on the ‘Sign In’ tab.
Especially in Nigeria and Ghana, the question of “Where can I use my AMEX gift card online?” usually comes up, when one comes into possession of one.
If you are not a traveller who frequents the USA, you might not have many reasons to register your AMEX gift card to use online. As a result, it might go to waste.
The best option is to find a way to sell it.
Try Cardtonic for a user-friendly platform that gives the highest rates possible on gift cards.