There is an art to giving gifts, whether big or small. The receiver of the gift may be satisfied with the contents of the gift, but presenting the gift well shows that a lot of thought went into it.
It is a common myth that gift cards aren’t the best gifts to give (which is ironic since that is the reason why they were created) or that they are lazy gifts that do not require much thought. In this article, I will debunk that myth by sharing different ways gift cards can be given on special occasions.
How to Make a Gift Card More Special
1. Add it to a small item: An attractive way to present a gift card is to include a small item with it. It could be a notepad, a lovely pen, a bracelet or any other thing you think the receiver will love. The extra item does not have to be expensive.
2. Add a heartfelt letter: Everybody loves to receive letters. There’s just something about them that makes the recipient feel loved, especially in the age of quick texts. Adding a handwritten letter to the gift card will definitely light up their mood. It’s an inexpensive way to make one more excited. It’s also something sentimental that can be kept for a long time.
3. Gift It With a Cardholder: This is a thoughtful and practical gift because it helps the recipient stay on top of their finances and keep all their other gift cards organized.
4. Place it in a gift box: Using a gift box makes the gift card look more presentable. Extra points if you add a personal touch to the gift card by printing their name on it or writing their name with ink in their favorite color. If you do not have the best handwriting, you can always tell someone else to help you out.
5. Create a ‘Bouquet’: If you decide to give several gift cards like Nike, Sephora, AMEX and more, a creative way to do that is to make a gift card bouquet. Just like a flower bouquet, only that this time the cards will replace the flowers. If you feel like being extra, add some flowers and their favorite candy.
6. DIY a gift bag: Sometimes the simplest ideas are the ones that mean so much and cost so little. Make a little gift bag and add a couple of bows to the bag and you’re good to go.
Gift cards are somewhat difficult to make presentable. I mean, while you want to give your mother a Nordstrom gift card, you also want to make the presentation amazing. I hope the above ideas come in handy when next you want to give your best friend a gift card.