1/3 of people have received a gift card they never used. Most of these gift cards go to waste. You get nothing out of it, and it only benefits the retailers as you are just giving them money for nothing. Why not trade them for cash instead? Keep reading to find out how to do this and the best app to trade gift cards in Nigeria in 2022.
Gift Cards- Explained
In other words, these are money cards. They are prepaid cards loaded with money and then used as an alternative means of payment in retail stores, restaurants, and other places that accept them.
They come in various forms, countries, and denominations.
Gift cards make payment much easier but let’s explain the benefits a bit more.
Benefits of Gift Cards
1. They make shopping much easier: With a gift card, you don’t necessarily need to carry cash around. With that little card, you can do a lot.
2. It helps control spending: Do you have terrible spending habits and always go above your budget? You’re not alone. With a gift card, since it only has a specific amount of money on it, it helps control your spending and only buy things around that stipulated budget.
3. You can resell them for cash: This one, I know you’ll like. If you do not wish to make use of your gift card, or you can’t, you can always sell them for cash, even in Nigeria.
Trading Gift Cards in Nigeria.
As I mentioned earlier, most gift cards go unused and are wasted, only adding money to the retailer’s pocket. In Nigeria, this is caused by many things. Like the Sephora gift card, it cannot be used in Nigeria, the same goes for several other gift cards. What do you do when you possess these cards but can’t make use of them? Sell them for cash!
And luckily, I am here to tell you exactly how to do that and the best platform to do so.
Nowadays, it is so easy to get scammed by dubious trading platforms.
When trading your gift cards, you have to be very careful and use a trustworthy platform.
Today, I’m recommending CARDTONIC as the best app to trade gift cards in Nigeria in 2022.
What is Cardtonic and Why Should You Trade With Them?
Cardtonic is an online platform that specializes in trading gift cards in Nigeria. They offer the best rates, top-notch service, and quick payments. They recently had a rebrand and launched a new interface on their platform which is now more customer-centric and allows for easy navigation.
With this updated version of the Cardtonic app, they have increased their security measures with the introduction of the Withdrawal PIN. Now, before you can withdraw, you will need to input your withdrawal pin. This makes your wallet safer.
How To Trade Using the Cardtonic App
1. Download the app on Google Play Store or Apple App Store
2. Create an account
3. Right on the dashboard, click on “trade gift cards”
4. The trade page will appear where you have to fill in the required trade details. Select CATEGORY, which is the name of the gift card you have for sale.
5. Select SUB-CATEGORY and choose the appropriate option for your card
6. Next, enter your gift card amount
7. Your rate and the total amount payable will be calculated and displayed.
8. You have the option to add a comment about the card (For instance, you can enter your code there).
9. Next, you click on UPLOAD CARD and upload photos of your card. You can upload multiple images.
10. Click on START TRADE.
If you encounter any problems during your trade, you can always speak to a representative as they are available 24/7.
How Do I contact Cardtonic?
In case of any inquiries, you can always reach them on WhatsApp, email, or the live chat button.
Does Cardtonic Trade on WhatsApp?
The answer is NO. Avoid scammers posing as a Cardtonic representative asking you to trade with them on WhatsApp. Their WhatsApp is for inquiries only.
Being scammed by dubious platforms when all you’re trying to do is make money from your gift cards sucks a lot, that’s why I’m giving you my best plug. With Cardtonic, you can enjoy a seamless trading experience with the best rates, quick payment, and 24/7 customer service.
To get started, download the Cardtonic app available on both Android and IOS, sign up and start trading! You can thank me later.