I know I am a little late. It was Employee Appreciation Day last month, and I forgot to give you ideas as usual. Do not worry, it’s never too late to celebrate your employees.
Employee day is usually observed on the first Friday in March where employers celebrate their employees for all their hard work.
I once saw a video where a company had a wheel spinner filled with expensive gifts, like travelling to the Bahamas and stuff like that. However, I understand that many businesses cannot afford that, so let’s stick to more affordable options that your employees will appreciate, because it is the thought that counts.
5 Ways to Appreciate Your Employees
1. Host a Game night: There is no doubt that everyone needs a break now and then, and a game night will help ease some tension and keep your employees happy. It could also be virtual, so that remote workers can be a part of it. Work stress can be relieved with some friendly competition and banter between workers. A very affordable idea that costs almost nothing.
2. Send Them a Heartfelt Video: People love sentimental things they can keep forever. People send videos to loved ones on their birthdays, who says you can’t do the same for your employees? Tell them what you appreciate about them and why you cherish them. A simple idea that costs nothing and will tug at their heartstrings for a really long time.
3. Send a Well Curated Package: You could curate a gift box that’s filled with your employees’ favourite things, like snacks, a cute water bottle, mug, headphones, notepads and more. This may cost some money, but it’s cheaper than an all-expense paid trip to Dubai.
There’s still more!
4. Organize A fun Award Ceremony: Organize a fun and witty award ceremony, highlighting fun things that your employees are good at. Suppose you have an employee who makes others feel welcome, you can give them an award for being the most cheery employee. If you have watched The Office, you may have an idea of what I’m talking about. Everyone gets an award and everyone gets a laugh.
5. Give Them Gift Cards: Did you think I would forget? Never. Celebrate your employees by giving them gift cards to their favourite stores or restaurants. One major reason why this is a really great idea is because of the nature of work in recent years. Since many companies allow remote work, you need not physically see your employees to be able to appreciate them. You can give your hardworking employees an eBay gift card or Nike gift card for their efforts. If for some reason, they cannot redeem it, they can always sell the gift card and use it for some other need they have. A win-win situation.
Employees work really hard for companies, and devote most of their time to work. It’s only right they’re celebrated, whether by taking them to a tropical island, giving them gift cards, or simply sending them a heart-warming video they will cherish forever.