The American Express Company (AMEX) is a multinational company specializing in payment card services. They offer world-class charge and credit cards, rewards, business services, gift cards, and much more. In today’s article we are looking at how much you can get for your $300 AMEX card in September 2022.
AMEX gift cards
These are prepaid money cards with a specific amount of money loaded on them and are used as an alternative method of payment when shopping in stores or websites that accept American Express cards.
Forms of AMEX Gift Cards:
- Physical card: These are branded plastic cards that you can purchase from physical store outlets such as Target, Walmart, etc.
- E-Gift Card: Also known as Ecodes, these are digital codes purchased on the American Express website and other appropriate sites. When bought, the code is sent to your email address or phone number.
Benefits of AMEX Gift Cards in Nigeria.
Although there are no stores that accept AMEX cards in Nigeria, they’re still quite beneficial.
If you own an American Express gift card in Nigeria, it might seem useless to you but what if I told you that you can get cash in return for it? Instead of throwing your American Express gift voucher away, you can trade it for cash instead.
How much can I get for my $300 AMEX card?
To know the rate of your American Express gift card and calculate how much you would get for it, you will need a rate calculator. Trading platforms usually have this on their dashboard.
To use the rate calculator you would need to input details such as the category, sub-category, the amount on the card and other information stated.
Note that; rates fluctuate, they are not stable. So, you would need to regularly check the rate updates of your card.
Currently, American Express (AMEX) cards are one of the top gift cards to sell as they are going for a rate of 405 on Cardtonic.
Using Cardtonic’s rate Calculator, if you wish to sell your $300 USA AMEX card, at the current rate of 405, you would get N121,500
How To Trade Your $300 AMEX Gift Card on Cardtonic
This is a step by step process on how to trade your $300 American Express card on Cardtonic.
- Log into your Cardtonic account by using the app (available on both Android and IOS)
- Click on “Trade Gift Card” right on the dashboard
- Click on “Select Category” and select “American Express (AMEX) Gift Card”
- Next, click on “select sub-category” and select “USA AMEX Card (300 above)
- Input the amount on the card. In this case, 300.
- The rate and amount you’ll get is immediately displayed
- You have the option to include a comment. You can type your code there.
- Next, you upload pictures of the card you wish to trade. You can upload multiple photos
- Click on “start trade”
Trading your gift card is fast and easy on Cardtonic with quick payment.