Redeeming your Gift Card can be a very hulking task. Especially in light of events that have triggered the world to sprout scammers like weeds. Almost like every other business investment, it’s a huge risk that requires trust. Hold on, we know how exasperating it can be to trust especially when money is involved. Here’s where Google Play Gift cards become a life-saving secret!
If you’re tired of being scammed, want to purchase a Gift Card, and just don’t know which to choose or you’re stuck with a Google Play Gift Card and need a confidence booster to help you let go, here’s a tip to help you rest at ease!
DID YOU KNOW YOU CAN TELL IF YOUR GOOGLE PLAY GIFT CARD HAS BEEN REDEEMED?
Yes! While trying to redeem your gift card, a prompt comes up to show you the balance on your card or inform you that the card has been redeemed if it was used before. It’s amazing how much you can know about your digital asset in this age and time! You might be wondering how being able to check your gift card’s balance and know if your card has already been redeemed helps you stay relaxed. While all this information may not take the risk of selling your Googleplay Gift Card away 100%, it sure takes it down from 50/50 to 80/20.
GOOGLE PLAY GIFT CARDS CAN BE MONITORED!
Keeping track of your digital assets has been made easy by checkers. However, not all gift cards have checkers. Google Play Gift card balance can be checked as often as possible which helps you keep tabs on your trade. You can check your gift card’s balance even before trading it with a reliable platform like Cardtonic@cardtonic.com and continue checking to confirm if and when the card was redeemed.
Note: This is subject to how well you protect your Gift Card because digital assets can easily be stolen especially assets like Google Play Gift cards that are easy to load.
HOW TO CHECK GOOGLE PLAY GIFT CARD BALANCE
This is the niche you’ve been waiting for. Here are five simplistic steps to check your Google Play Gift Card’s balance;
- Open the Google Play Store that is installed on your device.
- Click on the three-dotted line icon on the left of the screen.
- A Google Play Gift Card redeem code option would appear amongst others. Click on it.
- Scratch your Gift Card carefully and enter the 16-20 digit alphanumeric code into the space provided.
- Tap the “redeem gift card” option. At this point, your balance would pop up or a notification that your Gift Card has been redeemed if it has been used before. It also tells you if the code you entered is incorrect. But this is the most you can get at this point until you click the confirm option. If your Gift Card is good, the balance is credited to your account but there are cases where you get prompts like, “we need more info to redeem this gift card”, “your code could not be redeemed”, or it just gives a blatant error prompt. Read more about this on *
Note: You could still have balance on your Gift Card and get any of these prompts.
HOW TO CHECK GOOGLE PLAY GIFT CARD BALANCE ON MOBILE PHONE
Yes. However, this is only available for Android users. Every android device has a Google Play account with Google Wallet in-built. All the steps listed above are the same except step 2.
For your mobile device, after you open your Google Play store, tap on your email initials on the top right of your screen next to the search icon. Click on payments and subscriptions. That’s where you’ll find the redeem code option.
Click on it and follow the rest of the steps.
Got more questions? Check the Google Play FAQ page.