Amazon is an American multinational technology company that focuses on e-commerce, cloud computing, digital streaming, and artificial intelligence. It is one of the Big Five companies in the U.S. information technology industry.
What is an Amazon Gift Card and what is it used for?
An Amazon gift card is a card pre-loaded with a set amount of money, that serves as an alternative source of payment, asides from your regular debit or credit cards. Amazon gift cards can be used to purchase all items in their retail stores and online. You can buy up to $10,000 worth of cards in a single day.
Why Do I Need To Check My Amazon Gift Card Balance?
Unlike the famous saying “Ignorance is bliss”. Sadly, this is not one of those times. Imagine being in front of a counter, the cashier asks for your card and tells you it declined. This probably occurs after waiting in a queue, because we know how packed amazon stores can get. Other than the embarrassment, it is always good to stay on top of these things.
When you are aware of the balance of your card, you would know when to fund it before redeeming or reselling your cards.
How Can I Check My Amazon Gift Card Balance?
This process is pretty simple, you can view your Amazon Gift Card balance in Your Account.
To view your Amazon.com Gift Card balance:
- Go to Your Account.
- Select Gift cards and view the balance on any of your Amazon.com Gift Cards.
When you apply an Amazon.com Gift Card to an order or add one to Your Account for future purchases, we store the available balance so you can view it at any time.
It is important to note that checking your balance does not automatically mean you are redeeming it.
Note: You can get a $10 bonus whenever you reload your Amazon gift card for the 1st time with $100 or more.
How Can I Redeem My Amazon Gift Card On The Website?
Now, if you actually want to use your card on the website you would need to;
- Go to Amazon.com and sign in.
- Find the item/s you want to buy and click “Add to Cart.”
- Once you’re done, click the shopping cart icon in the top right corner and then click “Proceed to checkout.”
- Click through until you reach the payment method page. Scroll down to “Gift Cards” and enter your claim code.
- Click “Apply” and the balance of your gift card will be taken off of your purchase. If the balance of the gift card exceeds the cost of the items in your basket, you’ll still have money left over to use at another time.
Amazon has been popularly referred to as “one of the most influential economic and cultural forces in the world”, as well as the world’s most valuable brand. This in turn has made their gift cards to be in high demand. These gift cards can last you for up to a year. Meaning you can keep on funding your cards and redeeming at any Amazon store or website.