Ever received more gift cards than you know what to do with? Quite stressful especially if you cannot keep track of them. Selling them is always an option, but if you do not want to go down that route, that’s not a problem.
In this article, I will show you how to keep track of your cards and organize them to enable you to make the most out of them. It’s easy to keep accumulating gift cards for a long time and end up forgetting to use them.
Steps to Take to Ensure Your Gift Cards Are Managed Effectively
1. Organizing the Gift Cards: Choose cards that will stay and cards that will go. Gift cards that have expired should be discarded, and those that haven’t expired, but you’re sure you’ll never use should either be donated or sold.
2. Separate Your Gift Cards: Sort through your pile of remaining gift cards and arrange them into different categories. For instance, if you have several restaurant cards, store cards (like Nordstrom), and prepaid cards (like AMEX), separate them all into those categories to enable you to keep track of them.
3. Store the Gift Cards Well: Get a gift card organizer or make one yourself. Anything to ensure all the gift cards are in a particular place. It may require some extra discipline not to toss them in your drawer, but it’s worth it.
Need More Ideas?
4. Place Them Where You Can Easily See Them: Our goal is to ensure that these gift cards reach their potential. While gift card organizers work, placing them in a location you don’t use every day will make them redundant. Therefore, you should ensure that the cards are stored within reach. Perhaps, on your work desk at home.
5. Set Reminders: It’s super easy to forget gift cards when you probably have way more important things on your mind, therefore to reduce the probability of forgetting, set reminders for when you intend to use these gift cards.
6. Keep Track of Your Balances: When you start to use these gift cards and you have some credit on them, you must write them down to prevent you from forgetting about them. I would advise you to factor them into your monthly financial plan.
Having tons of gift cards can be overwhelming, but the best way to make the best out of them is to organize them and see them as an alternative to cash. As soon as you see it that way, it becomes important to you, and then you can begin your journey to a clutter-free drawer and an organized gift card collection.