Have you ever been in a situation where you received a $50 gift card to a particular store, bought stuff that’s worth about $35, and had a balance of $15 that can’t be used because the store doesn’t have anything that costs $15? Maybe not the exact figures, but you get what I mean. In this kind of scenario, you’ll most likely throw the card away because you can’t redeem what’s left. Sounds familiar, right? Well, yes, because this happens to millions of gift card users.
What Is Amazon Reload?
No one likes to see that they haven’t used up their gift card balance. This is where Amazon Reload comes in to save the day. If you find yourself in a scenario similar to the one above with an Amazon gift card, do not throw away the card. Turn it into a debit card of some sort by reloading it and adding cash to your gift card balance! With Amazon reload, all you have to do is directly add funds to your balance with a debit card, credit card, or pre-paid card. How genius is that?! Now, let’s take a look at how to reload your Amazon gift card.
How to Auto-Reload Your Amazon Gift Card
There are two ways to auto-reload your gift card. This option does not require you to constantly reload your card every time you need to.
1. By Scheduling The Auto-Reload: This is done by choosing the reload amount that is, how much you would like to reload, the frequency (whether daily, weekly, or bi-weekly), and the start date.
2. By Reloading When Your Balance Gets Low: With this option, you get to automatically reload your gift card balance when it drops to a certain amount. For instance, you can choose to reload your gift card with $100 every time your balance drops to $30.
How to Reload With a Prepaid Card
This is mostly used as a one-time option, all you have to do is link your prepaid card if you haven’t by adding a new card and choosing any amount you like that’s available on the card and sending it to your Amazon wallet.
Benefits of Amazon Reload
The review section of the Amazon reload page is filled with many positive remarks about this reload option. Some of which I will share:
1. You get to spend every dime on your gift card if you want to.
2. There are reward points when you use Amazon reload to pay for purchases.
3. It helps the user to plan finances wisely- you do not have to use the money on your debit card for Amazon purchases.
4. Fewer plastics in the ocean
The Amazon reload option is a great way to reduce gift card waste, because you can easily add some extra money to the gift card balance to ensure you use up all your money. Another way to reduce gift card waste is to sell your Amazon gift card for cash to a gift card trading platform that you can trust