Founded in 1993 by Pierre Omidyar, eBay is one of the largest e-commerce sites in the world. It is popularly known for allowing users to list and sell items while potential buyers auction for said items.
eBay is a really great website where you can find the best deals on some rare finds. Having an eBay gift card will get you affordable things without having to spend your own money.
If you have no clue on how to make use of this gift card to your advantage, don’t worry. In this article, I will share how you can, redeem your eBay gift card and use it to purchase items from eBay.
Types Of eBay Gift Cards
Just like any other popular retail store, eBay has two different kinds of gift cards available;
1. Physical gift cards
2. eGift cards or ecodes
Where To Buy eBay Gift Cards
The electronic eBay gift cards are usually purchased on their website, however, they are currently not available on their platform. The physical gift cards can be purchased in retail stores and convenience stores where gift cards are sold, their website has a comprehensive list of these stores.
How To Make Purchases With Your eBay Gift Card
Using your eBay gift card to pay for items is very easy, all you have to do is follow the steps below:
1. Log into your eBay account
2. Select the particular item you would like to purchase and proceed to checkout.
3. Because you are not using actual cash to pay for your item, scroll down to the section that says “Gift Cards, Coupons, eBay Bucks
4. Enter the code, either at the back of your card (for a physical card) or the one sent to your email (applicable to the digital gift card)
5. Select Apply and proceed to click on “Confirm and Pay.
Gift cards are an amazing gift to give and receive, so if you ever get gifted an eBay gift card, I am sure you have learned just how to redeem it on the eBay website as the steps are very straightforward. If for any reason, you are not interested in redeeming your gift card on the website because you really don’t need anything from eBay, you can always convert that card to cash on Cardtonic. Don’t say I never did anything for you.