eBay Gift Cards are preloaded gift cards that can be used to make purchases for all items on eBay.
It is ironic how eBay is more popular for selling big brand gift cards, it would surprise you to know certain people that did not even know eBay itself had gift cards.
Not only do these gift cards exist, but they can also be very handy. Grab a drink or a quick bite, I would be telling you exactly how you can go about using these gift cards.
Types of eBay Gift Cards
eBay produced gift cards in 2 major forms, both of which can be used on their platform to purchase items.
- Physical eBay Gift Cards
- Digital eBay Gift Cards
How To Buy eBay Gift Cards
These gift cards are rather easy to find, you do not have to look too far, to get your hand on them.
Firstly, you can purchase an eBay gift card on the website.
- Choose the amount you’d like to add to the gift card from the List price dropdown menu.
- Select the Buy It Now button.
- Enter your payment details and select Confirm and pay.
Secondly, these gift cards could also be bought physically at any of eBay or partner retail stores. A couple of stores that sell eBay gift cards include Walgreens, Best Buy, Target, GameStop, Gyft, Lowe’s.
Alternatively, you can get eBay gift cards on 3rd Party websites. These are independent websites that buy big brand gift cards in bulk and resell. All you need to do is to search online, and the websites depending on your location would come up.
How To Redeem Your eBay Gift Card
This is where the fun begins, imagine the variety of options presented to you on eBay, it would be a shame if the only thing limiting you is not being able to use your gift card, with 4 quick steps, here is how you can pay with your eBay gift card on the platform.
Proceed to checkout, and then:
- Enter your shipping and payment details.
- Scroll to the bottom of the checkout page and enter the gift card redemption code in the Add coupons field.
- Select Apply to see your new total.
- Check your details again and select Confirm and pay.
If you are making payment physically at an eBay store, ensure you have the redemption code before you get to the cashier. This is the code sent to you if you purchased the digital card, which also could be found after scratching the security coating on the physical gift card.
How To Check The Balance Of Your eBay Gift Card
It is very important to know the amount left on your gift card when shopping, this would help determine the number of things you can get, and if you might need an additional source of payment, like cash or a debit card.
- Visit the eBay Balance website
- Sign In
- Click on the “Check your eBay Gift Card balance’ located at the left-hand side of the page.
- Enter the 13-digits of your eBay card.
- Input the displayed caption number.
- Click on “Check balance”.
Can I Resell An eBay Gift Card?
Most definitely, if you have an unused eBay gift card, it is possible to get monetary value for such a card on Cardtonic. Currently, you can get as high as 34,500 and 28,500 for your Physical and Digital eBay gift card respectively.