Visa is a multinational financial service company that processes payments using its cards. It is globally considered the dominant banking company.
Visa doesn’t issue cards directly to customers. It provides financial institutions with Visa-branded payment cards ( which could be debit cards, debit cards, gift cards, cash access, etc.).
The institutions then offer them to their customers.
What is a Visa Gift Card?
A Visa gift card is a prepaid debit card used for the purchase of goods/services on any platform that accepts Visa.
They are preloaded with a specific amount, and once exhausted, they cannot be reloaded.
Forms of Visa gift cards
They exist in two forms:
- Physical: These are branded physical cards that can be purchased in some convenience stores like Valero, Dollar General, CVS Pharmacy, Walgreen, etc.
- Ecodes: Ecodes are digital codes mostly purchased online and sent to the recipient’s email. Visa ecodes can be purchased on GiftCard.com,PerfectGift.com and other verified websites.
Difference Between Visa gift Card and Visa Credit Card
The Visa Credit card is usually attached to a bank account, while the Visa gift card is not connected to any bank account.
Visa credit cards can be reloaded with any amount when exhausted.
Visa gift cards are non-reloadable.
How to Check the balance on Visa gift card
- Visit the website mygift.giftcardmall.com
- Click on the menu icon located at top right corner.
- Input the of your Visa gift card
- Input the expiry date( month and year) and CVV of the card.
- Click on the ‘Submit’ tab
- Verify that you are not a robot by clicking on the icons on Captcha.
Sell Visa Gift Card
Earn Money by Selling your Visa Gift Cards in Nigeria. Get the best rates, and fastest payouts on all your Visa trades by reading this.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Sign up with your email address to receive news and updates.