Macy’s is an American departmental store chain that specializes in the retail of a variety of consumer goods. Macy’s was founded in 1858, over 163 years ago by Rowland Hussey Macy. It was once the largest departmental store in the United States back in 2015.
Another commendable act is that Macy’s has been responsible for the Fourth of July fireworks in New York City since 1924 while still conducting their annual Macy’s Thanksgiving Day.
What are Macy’s gift cards and what are they used for?
Macy’s gift cards are pre-loaded debit cards, with a specific amount of money, which could be redeemed on the official Macy’s website, or any of the multiple Macy’s retail stores.
These gift cards come in two major forms namely; Macy’s Physical and E- gift cards.
Here is some important information about these cards, to get you fully acquainted.
Where Can I Buy Macy’s Gift Cards?
These gift cards can be purchased either;
- Online: You can buy Macy’s gift card on the official website.
- Stores: Walk into any retail Macy’s outlet and request to purchase these cards.
- 3rd party website: These websites are not under Macy’s they buy big brand gift cards in bulk and resell. In case neither of those two options are possible for you, you would be able to get some through this means.
Do Macy’s Gift cards expire?
There are no expiration fees on these physical cards. However, the E – gift cards can expire.
Are Macy’s Gift cards reloadable?
Yes, you can reload your physical gift cards at the store.
How Can I Redeem My Gift Card on the Platform?
You can redeem your Gift cards both online and physically.
- Proceed to checkout
- Select Apply Gift Cards at Checkout
- Enter the 15-digit gift card number as it appears on the back of your card into the Card Number field and the 3- or 4-digit security number with no spaces into the CID field
- After entering the characters shown, select the Apply Gift Card button
Simply present your gift card to a Store Colleague when you’re ready to check out.
How Can I Check My Macy’s Gift Card Balance?
This is very important, with this knowledge, you would know when the amount of your card is running low and you need to reload.
There are 3 ways you can check the balance of your card, whichever preferred option would still inform you of our outstanding balance.
- Visit any Macy’s store and ask a cashier to check the balance for you.
- Check your balance online
- Call Macy’s at 1-800-511-2752.
Lost Macy’s Gift Card
What happens if I misplace my gift card? All you need to do is provide proof of purchase and Macy’s will issue you a new card valued at the current recorded balance.
Can I Resell My Macy’s Gift Card?
It is 100% to resell your gift cards. If you do not want to redeem your card on the platform, you have the opportunity to get monetary value for the card instead of keeping it on a shelf waiting for a time to use it.
On the right platform, it is possible to get as high as 32,000 – 35,000 Naira for a $100 Macy’s gift card.